Hope for Haiti Telethon
- Find your Loved Ones
The U.S. State Department has set up a hotline for information on family members who may be in Haiti: (888) 407.4747.
This number is for information on U.S. citizens in Haiti only. For all Nationalities, you can use their online Person Finder Tool.
• Are you searching for a family member or friend?
Upload their photo on iReport
- Texting Donations
Red Cross: Text HAITI to 90999 ($10 donation)
UNICEF: Text UNICEF to 20222 ($10 donation)
Clinton Foundation: Text HAITI to 20222 ($10 donation)
Yele Haiti: Text YELE to 501501 ($5 donation)
United Way: Text HAITI to 864833 ($5 donation)
Intl Medical Corps: Text HAITI to 85944 ($10 donation)
World Food Program: Text: FRIENDS to 90999 ($5 donation)
UN Foundation: Text CERF to 90999 ($5 donation)
Compassion Intl: Text DISASTER to 90999 ($10 donation)
Intl Rescue Committee Text: HAITI to 25383 ($5 donation)
The Salvation Army: Text HAITI to 52000 ($10 donation)
Cure Intl: Text CURE to 85944 ($10 donation)
Oxfam: Text OXFAM to 25383 ($10 donation)
Samaritan’s Purse: Text SP to 85944 ($10 donation)
Salvation Army in Canada: Text HAITI to 45678 ($5 donation)
Plan Canada: Text HAITI to 30333 ($5 donation)
From the United Kingdom:
Disasters Emergency Committee: Text GIVE to 70077 (£5 Pounds)
French Red Cross: Text HAITI to 80222 (1 Euro)
- You can make a Difference: Volunteer
• International Medical Corps is quickly assembling additional medical teams to join their emergency response in Haiti. They also need non-medical volunteers for these teams and for their offices in Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., and London.
• Healing Hands for Haiti is looking especially for health care professionals. They are also accepting applications for support volunteers.
• Catholic Medical Mission Board is accepting applications for licensed healthcare professionals to volunteer in Haiti for either a short mission of a few weeks or a longer commitment of a year.
• National Nurses United has launched a relief effort to send registered nurses to Haiti. Their RN Response Network is accepting applications from Registered Nurses and Nurse Practitioners.
• Heart to Heart International is accepting Medical volunteers to go to Haiti. They need volunteers to assemble hygiene kits at their Global Distribution Center in Kansas City, KS.
• Beyond Borders has applications for medical professionals, translators, and volunteers with other skills to go to Haiti.
• Feed My Starving Children needs volunteers at their food-packing sites in the Twin Cities, MN and Chicagoland, IL.
• MedShare is calling for volunteers to help sort and pack surplus medical supplies at two daily volunteer sessions at their Distribution Centers located in Atlanta, GA and San Leandro, CA
Filed under: Colombia |